- An Arm and a Leg: To Get Health Insurance, This Couple Made a Movieby Dan Weissmann on 30/11/2023 at 10:00
On this episode of “An Arm and a Leg,” hear how a couple wrote and directed a short film, starring one of them — just to maintain health insurance through the actors union.
- Uncle Sam Wants You … to Help Stop Insurers’ Bogus Medicare Advantage Sales Tacticsby Susan Jaffe on 30/11/2023 at 10:00
The Biden administration wants to crack down on deceptive or misleading Medicare Advantage and drug plan sales tactics. It’s counting on beneficiaries to help catch offenders.
- FTC Chief Gears Up for a Showdown With Private Equityby Harris Meyer on 30/11/2023 at 10:00
Lina Khan, chair of the FTC, says a recent lawsuit is meant to chill the consolidation of medical groups that results in higher prices for consumers. But it may be too late to curb price hikes.
- Medicare Advantage Increasingly Popular With Seniors — But Not Hospitals and Doctorsby Julie Appleby, KFF Health News on 29/11/2023 at 20:30
Some hospitals and physician groups are rejecting Medicare Advantage plans over payment rates and coverage restrictions, causing turmoil for patients.
- ‘Forever Chemicals’ in Thousands of Private Wells Near Military Sites, Study Findsby Patricia Kime on 29/11/2023 at 10:00
New research finds that private wells near more than 82% of select military sites were contaminated with PFAS chemicals.